Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I Love These

Still haven't thought of anything to write about, so I'll probably post some stuff from the interwebs for a while. Here are these. I love them. From BoingBoing.

Buy 'em here.
Ok, that just made me think of something. I don't think girls grow up thinking they can do these things. I guess that's not an original idea (obviously, there are posters about it). I love these posters, but it's sad they're necessary. Somehow, I escaped the whole thinking-I-was-less-than part of childhood and adolescence. I'm glad, because it sounds like it sucked/sucks. I don't know if it was because I grew up with a mom that made more than my dad or because my dad was a major taskmaster and frankly didn't give a shit if it was me or my brother doing the dishes or mowing the lawn or jamming chewed Juicy Fruit into mole hills (long story). So just treat girls like normal people. Like they can do anything. Like they should do anything. Then they wouldn't need these posters. Even though they're really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment