Monday, November 15, 2010

I Want a Taco, Dammit!

I am on a doctor-prescribed diet for two weeks for a health issue. The good news is that it seems to be working. The bad news is that it's keeping me from eating all the foods that are dear to me, mainly, tacos. I'm not allowed:
Booze
Caffeine
Anything carbonated
Anything acidic (so, my beverage options are water and blueberry juice)
Anything spicy (THE HORROR)
Fruits (except blueberries and pears)
Soy anything
Chocolate
Hazelnuts
Tomatoes (it is HARD to avoid these)
Mustard
Ketchup
Pickles
Salad dressing
Other things, I'm sure.

My first attempt at going out to dinner went like this: Friend: Can you eat fish? Me: yeah. Friend: can you eat rice? Me: yeah. Friend: Let's go get sushi. Me: great idea!
So, we get there and sit down and I realize I can't have soy sauce, wasabi, or ginger. As much as I love sushi and want to say it's good on its own, it really isn't.

1 comment:

  1. Dude...not even one bit jealous of you're restrictions right now. :(

    ReplyDelete